Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Ships & Seaside - Finally done!

Done, done, done! Well, I finished a few days ago, but this is the first time I've goten a chance to write about it since then.

As you see, the stripes go all the way around. It began with a provisional cast-on, and ended with a mega-session of Kitchener stitch. The pattern is Tiny Owl Knits - ships & seaside.

I love it. No, wait, I adore it, I worship it, I am thrilled to sit by it's little feet. The pattern, that is. I am similarly entranced by my version. Darker, moodier, stormier.

I made it for a summer KAL in the Tiny Owl Knits group on Ravelry. I also made a prize for the raffle for those finishing by September 1. (Next time, sweethearts, lots of pics.)

1 comment:

Mette said...

Your cowl is gorgeous. And definitely on my "MustKniT"-list. I like the way you transfer emotions into stitches. A great way to come to terms with life´s ups and downs.